Thursday, June 5, 2008

Doubt Not the Numerology Chart


The new view.


Despite my inability to add numbers correctly or ever get the same answer twice, I swear my numerology chart pegged this one. New life cycle, new studio.


I've only had the keys to the place for a few days but I'm changing things around.


Kind of looks like the sculptures at Art Basel. But no, Saturday night there will be more worthwhile things hanging on these walls (hopefully). If you're free, the Contemporary is having their annual Open Studios. Come by, plunder the studios, hear some artist's talks (I'm at 7:45). And if you are as poor as I am, I've got a few free guest passes I may be able to hook you up with.

The low down:

On Saturday, June 7th, from 7 to 9 pm
the Contemporary is delighted to present The 2008 Summer Open Studios
• Meet the Studio Artists • Visit them in their studios • Sit in on artist talks and demonstrations • Bid on special art and cultural experiences at our silent auction
The Studio Artists are: Laura Bell, Jonathan Bouknight, Craig Dongoski, Tim Hunter, David Knox, Mark Leibert, Mary O’Horo, Sheila Pree Bright, Ben Roosevelt, Ann Rowles,Michele Schuff, Nancy VanDevender, and Angela West.
Cash Bar and Refreshments + Enjoy a complimentary Studiobubbles Champagne Cooler

Tickets are $10 at the door

4 comments:

Ben Grad said...

Wish I could have been in town for this!

Anonymous said...

me too. how did it go?

Jeremy Abernathy said...

Ditto there. The logistics just didn't work out that night. Sorry.

But it looks like you've been pretty industrious lately! Good times.

By the by: I went back and responded to your "snobbery" comment on the Waters of Lethe post.

Jonathan said...

It was an excellent night for hanging out in the courtyard, turns out my studio faces west and gets the brunt of the afternoon sun, luckily the place is air conditioned.

Saw some great art and took some pictures I need to upload. You guys are welcome to stop by the studio anytime.