Thursday, October 18, 2007

The Rubdown

Later Saturday night was Sunset Rubdown at the Drunken Unicorn. The album"Shut Up I am Dreaming" spent the first half of 2007 on repeat in my studio. And it seems a fitting show after leaving Eyedrum - there is one song called "I'm Sorry I Sang On Your Hands That Have Been In the Grave."

Looking back over these pictures I think I had one too many of them vodker drinks.


I've got at least ten shots that look exactly like this one:

My only complaint about the show was the venue - it was too crowded to move or really even see the band. It would have been excellent at Variety.


Who's this guy? My "overhead" shot missed the stage entirely.




Here's Sunset Rubdown live in Chicago. It's a slightly better shot of the band.

2 comments:

Jeremy Abernathy said...

I went to that show! There are some talented musicians in that band. It was great.

Jonathan said...

Yeah it was - still need to get the new album.
You should check out Final Fantasy - playing the Drunk on Nov 6th.